Thursday, October 18, 2007

Transcendental Meditation Organization. A cult? A religion?

Duration: 05:51 minutes
Upload Time: 2006-03-04 22:44:00
User: angelstar22
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

I made this video for my Cultural Anthropology class. My paper was asking whether Transcendental Meditation (TM) and/or the TM orgazination is a cult or a religion or not. I never came to any conclusion. I practiced TM for 25+ years. I was led to believe at the young and naive age of 24 that this is "the best" technique around. "They" said it is not a religion and it is not a hypnosis technique, I don't know about that. They say it works for everyone. I don't know about that either. I was very shy; it helped for a while, but I think now that just getting out in to the world helped. I have read the TM literature and seen their research charts. It could be all true, or it might be all lies. It doesn't work for me any more and it gives my daughter headaches. I just think everyone should research deeply in to TM before they put out all that money to learn the technique. Don't believe what they say and don't necessarily believe what I have to say either. Do the research and come to your own conclusions. I feel that I got more results from Celtic Shamanism than from TM. If you would like to read the paper I wrote for my anthropology class and/or the paper I wrote about my experience with TM send me a message and you can read them - They are on the Web. I own ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in this video. I thought people might like to watch it. Comment please! I hear this video is being passed around Fairfield. I was a long-time Fairfield resident - 17 years! I'm now in New Mexico. I love it here. The Songs on here are: Jesus Children of America by Stevie Wonder, Love and God by Rick Stanley, Fool on the Hill by The Beatles, Natural Tendency by Rick Stanley, Meditation by Ravi Shankar, My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.

Comments

IAmBefore ::: Favorites
Sometimes I find hypnosis to be helpful, so maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing anyway...
07-10-11 01:11:46
__________________________________________________
IAmBefore ::: Favorites
It appears to be deep hypnosis with religious undertones. I'm trying to look into TM more because I am trying to go to the school. I only want to go to the school to learn about sustainable living and I certainly don't want to be forced into religious practices.
07-10-11 01:07:37
__________________________________________________
amethystcrystal7 ::: Favorites
That's funny. Thanks for amusing me.
07-10-08 23:36:03
__________________________________________________
P4k4er ::: Favorites
My name is jason, and my mantra is 'jason u are becoming a god'.
07-10-08 19:15:21
__________________________________________________
mcook10128 ::: Favorites
I am a Catholic convert, and am in sympathy with your remarks. However, Jesus did say: "You will be like gods". And Augustine did say: "Love, and do what you will." I think one could practice a form of TM using "Jesus" as a mantra. The basic idea is similar to hesychasm (use of the Jesus prayer), or Centering Prayer...
07-10-08 14:03:42
__________________________________________________
angelstar22 ::: Favorites
Amen! Brothers and Sisters! :-) THE Mantras are names of Gods and Goddesses! If only they had told us that in the beginning I would have been fine with it but all the deceipt... that's what got to me.
07-10-06 13:14:53
__________________________________________________
amethystcrystal7 ::: Favorites
Nice comment. I feel that way too and I love this video. And I live in Fairfield. Hoping to get away soon.
07-10-06 12:49:29
__________________________________________________
gunapie ::: Favorites
I exist. My Lord exist. My search for His glimmer, my search for His grandeur is never ending. I am moving unto Him, moving along in a never ending path. The search for the Great by the little is called mysticism. The fundamental point of spirituality depends on this mysticism, and when this mysticism, this outward existence, coincides with the inner spirit of mysticism - the goal is reached. Unit becomes Cosmic - and for that - and for that attainment of this - we have come to the world.
07-10-05 15:48:45
__________________________________________________
scubapatty ::: Favorites
I used to practice TM when it only cost $35. It's not a organized religion yet it is based on many Hindu practices. God is referred to all the time but they claim it's a science. It always bothered me that they weren't truthful about the inherent religious nature of the practice. Besides, which scientific community frowns upon pre-marital sex? Meditation is a great practice but you don't need to spend a fortune nor deny it's religious traditions. Namaste
07-10-04 01:07:31
__________________________________________________
frandra ::: Favorites
Part 2: Meditate and be always happy & believe what is fitting to you! Frank Lotz, recertified Teacher of Maharishis Transcendental Meditation Be blessed my dear, all Beings even most do not know pray to the One & Only (may He/She be called Jehova, God, Krishna, Buddha, Allah etc.) having only different Names and shapes!
07-09-13 03:45:49
__________________________________________________

No comments: